In Orem Home Security is about much more than locking your doors and windows. It’s about taking the proper steps to help protect your home and loved ones. The first step in guarding your home from burglaries, fire and other home emergencies is installing a monitored home security system.
When your home has a monitored security system, it becomes three times less likely to be broken into3. ADT is the nation’s number one Orem Home Security and helps protect thousands of homes in and around Orem.
One of the greatest benefits of a monitored security system is the ability to monitor your home for more than just home invasion and burglary. You can equip the system to help protect your family from fire, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies.
Five Ways to Bolster your Orem Security System:
- A monitored home security system makes your home three times less likely to be burglarized3. But it’s important to keep in mind the additional things you can do to help protect your home.
- Make your Orem home look lived in. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is turning the lights off when you leave the house. Leave more than one light on throughout the house. If you’ll be gone for an extended period of time, consider using timers for lights.
- Choose a reliable home security provider. In Orem Home Security providers come in all sizes. ADT is the Orem home security provider you can trust. With eight interconnected monitoring centers, you can rest easy knowing your home is backed by the best in the nation.
- Be cautious with your keys. Burglars are much more likely to find spare keys if they’re under door mats, flower pots or other predictable places surrounding your Orem home. Give your spare keys to a trustworthy neighbor instead.
- Don’t display valuable items. If you’re going out of town, move valuable items like flat screen TVs and stereo equipment out of site. This can be as simple as shutting the blinds in rooms with these items.
Don’t advertise an empty home. Never leave a note on the door to let a delivery person or neighbor know that no one is home. And if you leave town for vacation, ask a close friend to pick up newspapers in the driveway.